Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well, with my children gone off to live China, Korea & downstairs, I decided to start a blog.

When my mind starts to go off in its wandering pathways, it usually settles on family. In the culture I grew up in, Familia was second only to GOD. You stick up for each other, while muttering " What posessed you to say/do that, bendejo? " It's the ole custom of nobody hits my brother except me. So if it seems that I write about family alot TS, deal with it. Its grows out of the family & culture whence I came.

I will be soooo glad when all these political commercials, speaches, interviews etc. are over. Like most Puerto Ricans I know, there is a lot of distrust of the Federal Government. Its who is going to screw us the least. Now don't get me wrong. I am a devout pacifist, but if a politician says that the sky is blue I will go outside to see what color it really is. They seem to twist everything around to suit their needs. Instead of just telling us their ideas, they have to point out everything little thing that they concieve as wrong with the other guy. Mom always taught us "If you can't say something good about somebody, don't say anything at all" And the news media, please SHUT UP, I speak & understand english, don't tell me what he or she meant.

Enough, let me get off my high horse, sign off and play with my computer.

ADIOS

6 comments:

Beav said...

Wow! Get Jamie posting and we'll be some weird wired family! Good to see you taking to the blogosphere.

Love you Mamacita!

Wabbitt said...

Well, I'll try. Jamie did not inherit the computer gene, she is not that interested in computers. On the other hand, communicating with her brothers might get her doing it. I think I would have better luck with senor Ron. We'll see.

K said...

I love getting to see your words here; I can almost hear you speaking them and it feels homey and warm. Your beliefs were the first ideas to make me question the way I, as an individual, thought about the world. Even though I never entirely understood the finer points of Ba'hai. (spelling?)

Since when does this country rely on the media to tell us what to think? I am so tired of having the world interpreted to me by people I have never met, whose motivating force has more to do with ratings than morals. I would be interested to hear what some of the people where Kev and Ward are currently living actually think about the juggernaut American media and the insane political system here. We are becoming a cautionary tale about capitalism. But it's all fine as long as Survivor is still on the air.

Love you. Glad to see you in the digital universe. Look forward to more.

Beav said...

Incidentally, you can add Jamie as an authorized poster on your blog, then she could post here, too. If you like. My last gaming group had a group blog that we mostly used to retell what had happened (keep the storyline fresh from session to session). That was a lot of fun.

If you're interested, it's here.

kevin hall said...

Hi Mom!

Really glad you started this weblog. You rule.
I think politics are a little strange wherever you are. The only people morally and ethically fit to represent their people don't want the headache.
Obama seems like a good man, though. I hope he is.
It's hard to see in the US, but America has not become a cautionary tale. The world is trying to emulate its cosumerism and is blind to its declining social coherency. Though in the realm of the hisory of civilization on earth, the US is on the precipice of becoming a tragedy of Shakespearian proportion. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much time to change the course of common American values.
I don't think I put that very well.
Here's a good example of decline: Why hasn't anyone been able to bring our current administration up on criminal charges? Many of them have been caught red-handed doing ethically deplorable things. I'm not talking about bad decisions. Real crimes. Dare I say treason? The evidence is there. They dragged Clinton into a legal version of the Spanish Inqusition for getting his duck sicked!
Okay, I'm done. Glad to read some good stuff from you Mom. Sorry my comment is so long.
I love you.

drac_vampire said...

Heh, the only reason they dragged Clinton into court for the duck was because they didn't want to pull him in for selling military secrets to China :)
Wouldn't want to actually hit him with a treason charge now would we......

Drac