Monday, October 27, 2008

Mel gets a little political

I am neither Democrat not Republican, I usually vote for the lessor of the 2 evils. Race, gender or religion has nothing to do with the decision. Intelligence, ideas and demeanor have everything to do with it. Mud slinging tells me that you have no more ideas (Well your mother wears combat boots). Scare tactics make me think that you don't think you can elected on your own merits.

After 8 years of the dumbest president in my known history, we need some intelligence. Lets look back. We are @ war on 2 fronts, the economy is in the crapper and world opinion is @ a all time low. Oh, lets not forget the response ( or lack of) to the people of New Orleans.

Makes me want to head back to Puerto Rico with "Fuck this place" shouted behind me. But WAIT, their is an Intelligent, caring person running for president this time. I hope he makes it. Yes, I voted early. And yes , I voted for Obama.

Now can we stop inundating my airwaves and mailbox with crap !!

2 comments:

K said...

Well, the crap will keep coming a little bit longer. But I too look forward to the end. And I think that the Republican Party ought to really look at the failure of their politics-as-usual tactics in this election after all is said and done and think about what it really got them: the votes of the dwindling populace who is susceptible to scare tactics and hatred.

I mostly feel that the candidates we end up voting for are the products of the parties, not the people. Politics is getting in its own way. I am amazed a candidate like Barack Obama made it this far this fast. I am proud that the people finally had a say in getting him here. Is he the best of all possible? Maybe not. But he is better than I had hoped for. That is enough for now.

kevin hall said...

Yeah, party politics can be consistantly dissapointing.

I believe it was Bill Mahrer who said that if the American people only had two cars to choose from or two breakfast cereals, they would riot. Two choices for the leader of our whole country? No problem.

I have been voting for Ralph Nader for a decade. This time I think Obama is actually the right choice for the country.

Unfortunately, our absentee ballots just arrived on Friday. Way too late to be counted.

I have confidence that eight years of Obama will help change the US's course in world history.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.